Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I'm tired....

I'm tired.
I'm tired of always being late.
I'm tired of clutter in my home.
I'm tired of endless stacks and boxes and piles of paper.
I'm tired of my Boy always telling me what to do.
I'm tired of doing dishes.
I'm tired of finding stains on my shirts.
I'm tired of not ever making it to the gym for whatever reason.
I'm tired of my house not being decorated.
I'm tired of sweeping my floor.
I'm tired of stepping on crunchy things on the floor.
I'm tired of stepping in sticky things on the floor.
I'm tired of being frustrated--with myself and my Boy.
I'm tired of not wanting to get up in the morning.
I'm tired of looking tired.
I'm tired of not getting my kids in bed at a decent time.
I'm tired of the tantrums that ensue when I don't know what my Boy is talking about.
I'm tired of my bad attitude.
I'm tired of my lack of motivation to change any of these things...

My life is not bad.
My life is actually really good.

And this is why I keep going, despite my tiredness today: 
My Boy is singing his ABCs while I type this.
My Baby Girl is chilling quietly and cutely in her little cradle.
I have good friends.
I just ate an awesome chicken chili that I made.
I was patient with my Boy a time or two today.

My Boy said "Mommy, I just have to wear your pants."
And then he did.




My Honey will be home soon, and I can maybe make it to the gym!
My Baby Girl squeals with delight frequently.
I have naturally curly hair. Well, wavy hair.
My Boy has red hair. My Girl has some red hair too.












I get to stay at home with my kiddos, and be the example that they learn about life from.
My Honey has a job, working for good people, and he likes what he does.












I am healthy.
My family is healthy.
My Boy asks daily to play "The General Conference Game".

My Baby Girl smiles at her big brother.



She smiles at me too.


I have my Honey.












I have my Boy.












I have my Baby Girl.















I am me.
I have the ability to change things about myself that bother me.
I can become better.
I can pray.


I may be tired, but I haven't given up on myself. Those are enough to keep me smiling for now. :)

3 comments:

  1. Great post! It makes me wish we lived closer together :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am tired too. I know how you feel. Keep going Bethy! You are right, your life is good. I am so happy to see you updated your blog. I almost couldn't find it because I couldn't remember what it was called... I love to see pics of your cute kids! I can't wait to see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. It is always nice to hear someone else is feeling how you are. Thanks for sharing now I dont feel so lonely. :)

    ReplyDelete