Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Funnies

It snowed this morning. Finally! I thoroughly enjoyed watching it, and was very glad the only place I had to go today was to church.

Speaking of church.....We were SOOOOOOOO close to being on time to church today. So close, I tell ya! The Boy ran ahead of us into the chapel, and as I was in heels, I couldn't try to run after him. By the time I entered the chapel, he was on the opposite side running up the aisle to the front. He paused, and when i got to the aisle and he saw me, he took off again to the other side (where I had just been). So even though there was someone standing at the pulpit conducting, I tried to walk to the rear, over to the other aisle again, and up to the front ....where my Boy was about to go up the steps to the stand. I could tell this would be NOT good, so I started to run. I caught this crazy little Boy by the arm and dragged him back to our seat (on the very back row). Thankfully, he did not scream and/or drop his weight and lift his legs (as he usually does when I drag him). I tried very hard not to look at anyone on that walk back...but I did see some smiles out of the corner of my eye.

After the sacrament, the Boy was getting bored. He would slowly walk up the aisle, then turn and run back to me. This wasn't very noisy, and he wasn't screaming in my lap for holding him down, so I allowed him to continue. Then he decided to lay down on the floor and try to roll up the aisle (as if he were rolling down a hill....) When he got bored of this, he started sliding up the aisle like an inchworm. This inchworm slide evolved into an army crawl, with his face flat on the ground. I watched him do this almost the entire way up to the front of the chapel (occasionally he would pause and look back to see if we were coming after him). I have no idea how he did not get rug burns on his face... But I can tell you that there were several entertained people on this High Council Sunday.... And Honey and I were comparing notes on who commented what to us about the Boy's antics today.
Is it bad that I can't help but think it's funny?

After church, as I was reading on the computer, Honey says, "Aw man! Now that I took off my shoes, I remember what I was going to do! I was going to take the garbage out! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go outside looking like a goof...."
I turned around to this:

He put on my white tennis shoes, which are A: white against his dark socks and dark pants, B: too small. I couldn't stop him from going outside like that. Partially because he's stubborn, but mostly because I was laughing so hard I could hardly stand up...

And finally, tonight I went upstairs for the Boy's bedtime routine. This is what it sounds like to hear Honey reading a bedtime story to the Boy (the Going to Bed Book by Sandra Boynton, on the exercising page):
B: "What's this?"
H: "That's an elephant jump-roping."
B: "What's this?"
H: "That's a dog stretching....and sticking his butt out."
B: "What's this?"
H: "That's a rabbit doing the hokey pokey."
B: "What's this?"
H: "That's a pig doing zumba."
B: "What's this?"
H: (getting bored of describing the animals) "Um....he's just [inappropriate content]."

I told Honey he isn't allowed to ad-lib anymore.



1 comment:

  1. Ah Bethy! That is funny. You are certainly not alone. A woman in my ward was chasing her boy around the chapel during sacrament last week as well. Alex joined in just a little bit until I caught her and wouldn't let her go. The joys of toddlerhood!

    ReplyDelete